Wednesday, June 20, 2018

A Sneaky Little Thing

Most things we do in life come down to mindset. 

Complacency is one of those sneaky little things that can creep up from time to time.   Most likely is something we will all battle on some level.

I will admit that complacency is something I struggle with from time to time.

True confessions - I do not like carrying a gun.  Sometimes I downright resent it.  Its inconvenient.  Its uncomfortable.  And frankly, its a reminder that I can't always trust my fellow humans.    There are times when I think, "I am just going to run to the store for a minute.  I think I'll leave my gun at home."   BUT, I can't let myself begin to think that way.  You can't either.  Unless we are ok with the possible ramifications.

I am 56 years old and have never needed a gun a day in my life.  Odds are that I will live out the rest of my days and not need a gun.  However, I live every day as if I will need my gun before I get home ... because I may.

That is not because I live in fear; I do not.  Its because for me, its not about the odds; its about the stakes.


For the record, I still believe the good guys outnumber the bad guys.  There are a lot of good people out there. I talk about some of them over on my home page.  There are a lot of screwed up people out there too.  And there are a few really evil people.  And since I have no control over when I might cross paths with one of those evil people, I carry a gun every day of my life, everywhere I can legally carry. 

And you know what?  That makes me less afraid ... because I am prepared.  

No comments:

Post a Comment